Probably the Best Free WordPress Editor
If you’re a WordPress Blogger and looking for a great Editor to do your blogging, then i’d suggest Ultimate TinyMCE. Am not saying that it’s the only choice but it is a good choice with a wealth of features.
Of course with most things, there are add-ons and some are Premium. Check out the features taken from their description.
Ultimate TinyMCE will add over 30 new buttons the default visual tinymce editor, giving you the power to visually create your pages and posts. No need for mucking about in HTML and CSS.
How will Ultimate TinyMCE Help You?
- No need to learn the languages of HTML and CSS (although the basics can certainly help) when creating your pages/posts.
- Easily manipulate your fonts, font sizes, colors, styles, and css from a graphical user interface.
- Shortcodes Manager – Now all your shortcodes are available in a handy dropdown box.
- Create tables through a grahical interface (much like microsoft excel) to display your data.
- Insert YouTube videos by simply copying and pasting the share url.
- Graphical Image Mapping to make your images more exciting.
- Use shortcodes to insert column breaks. This is a VERY cool feature. You can break any content area into up to six separate columns.
- Ultimate Tinymce will add more than 30 new buttons and features to your visual editor.
- Accompanying this plugin is a huge contextual help system, designed to help provide specific information, screenshots, and examples for each feature.
Premium Ultimate Tinymce Addons:
- Ultimate Tinymce Classes and IDs – Add selectable classes and id’s to any element in the visual editor via dropdown boxes. Changes are seen real-time within the visual editor.
- Predefined Custom Styles – A collection of over 80 of my custom styles, ready to be added to the styles dropdown selector. Simply activate the plugin; and you are done.
- Ultimate Google Webfonts Addon – Easily add any combination of Google Webfonts to your website without compromising page loading time. Just copy your code from Google and paste it into this plugin. The chosen fonts will appear in the dropdown list (rendered properly), your content area, and the front end of the website.
- Ultimate Tinymce Advanced Configuration – Take total control over the WordPress tinymce editor. This plugin will allow you to tweak every known setting for the tinymce editor.
- Ultimate Custom Styles Addon – Create custom styles for use in the styles dropdown box; which are rendered in both the editor and the front-end of the website. Just like my predefined styles plugin, but this one allows you to create your own custom styles.
- Custom Welcome Messages – Create custom login and logout pages. Change the default wordpress login image, title, and link.
- Ultimate Moods Addon – Add over 50 animated mood smilies to your content.
If you’re interested…try it out http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ultimate-tinymce/