Envato’s Most Wanted: WordPress eCommerce Themes
Latest trends from PressNomics 2013 revealed that eCommerce functionality is one of the hottest requested features in WordPress websites and themes. So we’ve put a massive $10,000 bounty on the heads of Envato’s latest most wanted file type – WordPress eCommerce Themes on ThemeForest. How do you collect? Be one of the first to submit a WordPress theme with basic eCommerce functionality, or go advanced for a shot at winning one of our many “Best Item” prizes!
What’s the Reward?
The best new WordPress theme submissions with Advanced Integration of the following eCommerce platforms will win:
- $1000 Grand Prize for the best new theme using WooCommerce
- $1000 Grand Prize for the best new theme using JigoShop
- $1000 Grand Prize for the best new theme using Cart66
- $1000 Grand Prize for the best new theme using WP e-Commerce
- $1000 Grand Prize for the best new theme using any other eCommerce platform for WordPress (e.g.Easy Digital Downloads, Shopp, etc).
The best updates to existing WordPress themes that add Advanced Integration of the following eCommerce platforms will win:
- $500 prize for the best updated theme using WooCommerce
- $500 prize for the best updated theme using JigoShop
- $500 prize for the best updated theme using Cart66
- $500 prize for the best updated theme using WP e-Commerce
- $500 prize for the best updated theme using any other eCommerce platform for WordPress (e.g. Easy Digital Downloads, Shopp, etc).
We’re also handing out $250 for EACH of the first 10 new themes or updates to existing WordPress themes to get uploaded and approved that add Basic Integration of any WordPress eCommerce platform.
But that’s not all! On top of our own $10,000 bounty, we’ve partnered with some of the WordPress eCommerce platform providers themselves to bring you even more rewards! They have generously sponsored the following BONUS prizes:
- Easy Digital Downloads (EDD) is giving away an additional $1,000 to the best new theme with advanced integration of EDD.
- If the “other” Grand Prize winner happens to use EDD, that’s a $2,000 total reward!
- If the “other” Grand Prize is awarded to a theme using a different platform, the best new theme using EDD will still receive the $1,000 bonus prize.
- Cart66 is additionally giving away a Roku 3, an iPad mini, and a Free Year of Cart66 Cloud to the best new theme with advanced integration of Cart66.
- WP e-Commerce is giving away an additional $1000 to the best new theme with advanced integration of WP e-Commerce.
It’s a Race and a Contest!
This Envato’s Most Wanted event is a race as well as a “Best Item” contest. And like any contest, you don’t want to be disqualified because you didn’t follow the rules. So as well as carefully following the procedure below, make sure you read the rules in full! Here are the key details:
- Submit your items and updates on or after Wednesday, December 11th 2013 and before the competition closes on Wednesday Feb 5th 2014, before midnight AEDT
- In order to be eligible for a prize, the live demo must show the theme functioning with the eCommerce platform (shopping cart, products, etc).
- Updates to themes that have had any previous eCommerce integration are not eligible for this contest.
- A theme can only win in one area (either Advanced or Basic integration). In other words, a theme with Advanced Integration is not also eligible for a Basic Integration prize.
- Eligibility of the themes in these two areas will be determined by Envato staff.
- An author can win a maximum of two (2) Basic Integration prizes for this contest (one per theme).
- An author can win a maximum of one (1) Advanced Integration prize for this contest.
- Authors can enter as many themes as they like, using various platforms, to increase their chances of winning.
- Multiple theme submissions from the same author must be different/unique to one another.
- In the event a single author receives the most votes for two or more themes using two or more different platforms, the author will be given a choice of which Advanced Integration prize they wish to receive, and the other prize(s) will go to the themes with the next highest votes.
- Authors must post links to their approved items in this Envato’s Most Wanted thread.
- Prizes are payable only via PayPal or Moneybookers/Skrill.
- Eligible themes will be voted on by Envato Staff
- All winners will also receive the much-desired Most Wanted Bounty Winner badge.
- Advanced Integration winners will also receive a “Won a Contest” badge.
We’ll announce the winners a week or two after the event closes, and send out the prizes two or three weeks after that. So, let’s get started. To be in the running, follow our procedure to the letter!
Basic & Advanced Definitions
To help define what we mean by Basic vs. Advanced integration, here is a brief overview of what we are looking for:
Basic Design Integration: The WordPress eCommerce platform has been tested to function properly with the theme, and basic styling has been included to ensure the default eCommerce pages & elements match the overall theme aesthetic.
Example themes with Basic Integration:
- Organic Shop – Responsive WooCommerce Theme
- Marble – Flat Responsive Creative WordPress Theme
- Muse: Music Band Responsive WordPress Theme
Advanced Design Integration: These themes have been built around the WordPress eCommerce platform itself to tightly integrate it into the layout and functionality of the site, including customized theme features and templates. Advanced BuddyPress/bbPress themes have been specifically designed and purposed to meet the unique needs of online shops and commercial services. Some aspects we will be considering when determining the eligibility of Advanced Integration items are:
- Inclusion of customized shortcodes, widgets, sidebars, and/or templates utilizing the eCommerce platform functionality.
- Extended functionality and theming for eCommerce relevant features.
- Integration and theming of additional eCommerce platform specific plugins/extensions.
- Unique designs that serve a real market/industry
Example themes with Advanced Integration:
- Neighborhood – Responsive Multi-Purpose Shop Theme
- Labomba – Responsive Multipurpose WordPress Theme
- WooCommerce WordPress Theme – TechGoStore
How to Submit Your Items
- Upload your items according to the normal upload instructions.
- Advanced Integration themes should be submitted to the platform specific ThemeForest > WordPress > eCommerce subcategory.
- Basic Integration themes may be submitted there as well, or to a more applicable ThemeForest > WordPress subcategory if appropriate.
- All submissions should have the “Compatible With” attribute options selected for the theme’s specific eCommerce platform (choose all appropriate versions that apply).
- If you’re submitting an update adding eCommerce integration to your theme, please make a note of this in the upload comment box.
What To Do After Your Items Are Approved
Once your items have been approved, do the following as soon as you can:
- Complete the Most Wanted Entry Agreement. By doing this, you agree to keep any winning entries online for a minimum of two years.
- Post your approved entries in this thread. You must post a link to your item here in order for it to be eligible for the contest.
That’s all there is to it! All WordPress eCommerce themes submitted between December 11th 2013 – Feburary 5th 2014 (and subsequently approved) based on the above requirements have a chance to win. Good luck!
We’re Buddying Up!
Alongside this WordPress eCommerce Most Wanted event, we’re also holding a BuddyPress/bbPressMost Wanted competition! WordPress themes that have both eCommerce as well as BuddyPress/bbPress functionality may be eligible for both contests, with a huge potential prize pot like we’ve never seen before – over $18,000 in total cash and bonus prizes between them! Be sure to check out the officialBuddyPress/bbPress Most Wanted announcement post for more details.
PLEASE READ FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS HERE (RECENTLY UPDATED)